The Kimura Trap System is a submission orientated attack sequence designed with one goal in mind – finishing your opponent.
It is a system, meaning that there is a specific way to use the techniques that are shown on the Kimura Trap System 6-DVD Set. Much like a chemist’s formula, it requires you to correctly blend together the proper techniques, in the proper sequence in order to gain the desired product – a submission victory!
But, don’t be fooled – this is not as complicated as chemistry. It is in fact, very simple to use. It does not require:
- a particular style (like half guard players or top guys)
- or a black belt
The beauty of the Kimura Trap System is that it relies solely on one technique, the Kimura.
The Kimura lock is a technique that anyone can master. It is a grip that is so simple that many schools teach it in introduction lessons for first time students.
But how can a technique so simple be so powerful?
Simple concepts are often the most powerful. They don’t require a lot of moving parts, or a specific scenario in order to function. They just work!
The Kimura lock is the same way. It is the most versatile submission hold in Mixed Martial Arts as it can be applied from nearly every position possible:
- Standing – face to face or with opponent behind you
- Double Leg or Single Shots
- From the Guard – Top or Bottom (yes you can Kimura someone from inside their guard as the top man)
- From the Half Guard – Top or Bottom
- From the Side Mount – Top or Bottom
- From Kesa-Gatame – Top or Bottom
- From Mount – Top or Bottom
- From Back Mount – Top or Bottom
- From a Triangle Choke
- From an Arm Bar
- From a Knee Bar
- And the list goes on…
As you can see, you can hit a Kimura from virtually any position. So if you master the Kimura, you are ALWAYS a threat to your opponent.
While the Kimura as a submission is excellent, it is the GRIP that makes it truly powerful. The Kimura grip is one of the strongest grips in combat sports, something many people fail to realize.
The power behind this grip is the cornerstone of the Kimura Trap System. It allows you to manipulate your opponent in a variety of ways:
- Reverse Shots, Body Locks, or Back Takes
- Shut down the Half Guard from either top or bottom
- Take the Back Mount with the Kimura
- Transition to an Arm Bar, Rear Naked Choke, Guillotine Choke, Half-Crucifix, Omo Plata, Triangle Choke, and more
- Pin your opponent using the Kimura Trap, the Crucifix, or the Avellan pin
- Use to Sweep from your Guard, Half Guard, Bottom Side Mount, Bottom Mount, or even from the Back Mount with both hooks in!
By now is should be starting to come together. If you haven’t watched the video at the top of the page, go now and watch it so you can see the Kimura Trap System in action. Click the image below to learn more about the Kimura Trap System:
Want to watch more Kimura Trap Videos? Subscribe to the Kimura Trap email list either by filling out the form at the top right or bottom of this page and you will get access to 9 Kimura Trap Techniques ripped right off the Kimura Trap 6-DVD Set.